View post (Problems with starting band...)

View thread

maggior
maggior
09/04/2014 1:05 pm
Originally Posted by: haghj500I don't really like the idea of having people write their own lists. I think it'll be just as efficient, if not more efficient, to do a brainstorm while we're in the rehearsal-room

I can’t argue with your words above. I was trying to come up with a simple way to not have anyone make a decision, yet someone would have to leave. No hard feelings kind of thing.

It will be interesting to watch how all this develops, I look forward to it.

You both know my story and how I tried to have everybody come up with a list of songs. It just never happened. What has worked is hanging out after rehearsal in the parking lot and brainstorming songs with our phones/tablets in our hands. We'd play our suggestions on our phone or tablet for the other people to hear. Many times you'll know a song by hearing it, not by name.

In my mind, this isn't a very efficient way of doing it. However, it works with this group of people, so whatever :-). So far we always have 2 or 3 songs that are "works in progress" and new ideas keep coming forth. As long as that keeps happening, I really don't care how it happens.

So, some of this you'll just have to feel out and see what works.