View post (Problems with starting band...)

View thread

haghj500
haghj500
09/04/2014 4:11 am
“So, somehow manage to get all 4 of us into a room and find out who the drummer would prefer?”

No, I was more thinking that the drummer and you would jam with both of them. With you two being the core of the band, the two of you would decide on which one to go with. Being in the same room you would see/hear which one he connected with best. Agree with him when he suggests one.

“Yes, playing in a band is supposed to be fun and all, but just because people are mature, it doesn't mean they can't have fun, right?”

Yes, being in a band is both exhilarating and a drag depending on the moment. The point I was getting to is, there is a lot of hard decision along the way. I had a lot of experiences I will hopefully never forget. I hope you have similar as well. But it’s a bad feeling to start seeing the bass and drummer start getting mad every time the other speaks. It won’t be long before one of them leaves and you have to start all over again. That is a drag.

“I don't really like the idea of having people write their own lists. I think it'll be just as efficient, if not more efficient, to do a brainstorm while we're in the rehearsal-room”

I can’t argue with your words above. I was trying to come up with a simple way to not have anyone make a decision, yet someone would have to leave. No hard feelings kind of thing.

It will be interesting to watch how all this develops, I look forward to it.