Hey!!!! some questions~

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
06/03/2002 12:39 am
Im psyched!
Tonight im buying a new Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Re-issue ( i got a great deal on it- $669!), along with an automatic wah (envelope filter). I've been looking around on music123 and musiciansfriend, and have downloaded samples and things, and so far the most impressive is probably the Q-Tron or the Q-Tron +. I also read that the makers of the highly popular Mu-Tron III (not Mutron III +, thats not even them, and its worse than Mutron III) are now working for Electro-Harmonix, and that the Q-Tron has the same circutry as the Mu-Tron III, and it has extra stuff too to make it even better. My question is, do you think its worth the $215 price tag to get the top of the line envelope filter? btw- im a grateful dead type guitar player, i'd use the wah alot...

i just need to know if you'd think of any other wah thats better, i already have a Crybaby, but i need an envelope filter yet.
# 1
Thomyorke575
Thomyorke575
06/03/2002 4:22 am
I have a hendrix wah by dunlop which I moded and it's o.k I guess, not a very musical sounding pedal but it was cheap. Its on ebay for sale right now becasue I just bought a Roger Mayer vision wah WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! it cost a fortune around $350 but it is the best!!!! wah around. I personally think envelope filters suck. I have a suggestion, buy a z vex seek wah or ooh wah. They are much cooler and give sounds like nothing else.

I would also recommend going to http://www.harmonycentral.com you can view user reviews of all different gear. What I do is go to ebay and type in the type of gear I want like wah lets say. Then I browse through the responses usually looking for pricier stuff (I'm into botique pedals), then when I find something new I go to HC and view what owners think of the gear.

I dont own any Mutron stuff but I have heard great stuff about it. I have owned a couple EH pedals both the deluxe electic mistress and the small clone. I wasnt a big fan of either, the sound quality is good analog tone but the Electric mistess hissed and the small clone was too Curt Cobain which I like I just dont want to be him.

If you like Jimi Hendrix check out Roger Mayer pedals they rule, and for a great hand made botique I would recomend Z Vex

Hope that helps
# 2
Bardsley
Bardsley
06/05/2002 1:50 am
Nice work on the DRRI! I've been wanting one for a while, but I've just got to save up some cash (oh, and I'm getting a set of Kinmans for my strat first also).
I've never really used envelope filters before, so I can't recommend any, but, much as I hate to say the conservative thing, it generally is much better to pay a little bbit more (if it is only a little bit more) for top of the line, than to get the one that sounds... good... but... you get the idea. Once you get an effect like that, it's pretty hard to justify getting a new one, so you want to know that you're not going to get frustrated afte thee weeks of playing and realising you can't quite get that tone, that you knew you could have if you'd paid a little more. On the other hand, you have to know that it's rare that you'll be completely satisfied with any effect, as you always want something to do that little bit more.
If it's not going to break the bank, I'd go with the best you can find.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.