Vai Backing Tracks

TheDirt
TheDirt
05/30/2002 11:38 pm
Does anyone know where I can get backing tracks (the song without the lead guitar) for any Steve Vai songs? I especially need Tender Surender.

Thanks in advance.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 1
ikesws
ikesws
06/03/2002 4:51 pm
yeh transcribe them like steve for frankie zappaaaa..
# 2
TheDirt
TheDirt
06/03/2002 8:39 pm
Transcription isn't the problem: I could easily figure out the backing, especially since it's pretty much only a bass + drums.

For Tender Surrender, the one I want,the piece is in E Minor, and the bass is simply A, D, E for the verse and C, D for the chorus, for the most part.

I just don't have a program to sequence the bass and drums, nor do I have a drum set to record the drums, so getting the backing track on an MP3 or a CD for Tender Surrender is my only option to have a backing track for the song.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

# 3
vy
vy
06/24/2002 8:46 pm
i have heaps of vai backings but i am short of space to post them on the net
as far as satch backings you can d/l summersong from my website http://www.vytabs.8k.com or mp3.com/vijay preferebly the mp3.com site as the quality is better there
please tell me where i can post these backing tracks because i have around 75 backing tracks
visit my site to learn wierd sounds
with sound samples played by me and also get accurate transcriptions of satriani and vai
http://www.vytabs.8k.com
# 4
TheDirt
TheDirt
06/24/2002 8:50 pm
Hey, vy, could you please email me the Tender Surrender backing track at dragon0115@aol.com?

You could try getting an account at Geocities to have a spot to put some of them. Just look on the web for a place you can get a web page for free and you'll surely find somewhere.

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.