Contemporary Song Tutorials For Acoustic

icebreaker1588
icebreaker1588
07/12/2014 11:51 pm
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]So I've been looking at the various tutorials GTs has for acoustic guitar and I think it could really use a revamp. I have no complaints for what it has at the moment, but I feel that some important sub-genres have been left out. I'll start off saying that I truly hate putting sub-genre labels on music especially when talking about rock since everybody is a pro critic. I'm never in the mood to argue whether or not such and such a band is either death metal or progressive vegetarian grindcore.

(Caution Explicit Language)....but funny for those with a sense of humor :)
http://vimeo.com/823060

So here are my labels.... cafe type music or singer-songwriter such as Jack Johnson or Jason Mraz.

There's a lot of fun songs to play by alternative rock bands where they slow the tempo down a bit and bust out their acoustic. Bands like Staind or Incubus. Even some of Red Hot Chili Peppers songs like Otherside can easily be converted to be played as acoustic.

Sure I can browse youtube, but a lot of YT users make horrid demonstration videos or completely edit the chords/notes to how they like to play. The instructors on here make great tutorials and having the ability to view the [U]accurate[/U] sheet music/tab is so nice. Anyway I'm rambling. Tell me what you guys think.[/FONT]
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.