View post (Long Time)

View thread

Terranaut
Terranaut
05/13/2014 7:16 pm
Thanks both for the info. I'm using the Peavey Vyper VIP 2 modeling amp with built-in effects and an Epiphone ES 339 ULTRA. The Epi ES 339 Ultra is extremely versatile and includes an acoustic nano mag pickup. The amp has 8 presets for electric guitar. I use a Morley volume/wha because both the guitar and amp are complicated to just turn down one knob. But the presets on the amp let me set a lead volume, a rythym, and an acoustic--though I have Taylor which the amp has four presets for acoustic. I just ordered microphone because of quack on the low E from the saddle pickup. The amp boasts being the first for electric, acoustic and bass and has separate preset banks for each. Bending 10's are tough but so far so good. I can even do the whole step bend on the second fret of D string on "XTC's Towers of London". But I worry about breakage during whole step bends up high on the unwound stings. I take it from Mike I shouldn't worry if it works. Wish I could have some age back more than more gear. At 59 you just entertain yourself mostly.