Improvised Solo

maggior
maggior
04/22/2014 8:05 pm
PRS is very particular about how their guitars are displayed and sold. Here in the US, Guitar Center is a big chain for music gear. I was told that they are only allowed to carry the American made models (not the SE) if they have a "Platinum Room". It's rediculous. The only difference is you walk into another room to grab a guitar and bring it out onto the floor to demo in an amp. Because they have so few in the store and in the entire geographical area, the guitars are demo'ed so many times they might as well be used. It seems to be having the exact opposite effect than they intended.

After I've played it for a few days, I'll let you know if I think it was really worth all of the trouble. It's only playing in your own equipment and in your own environment that you really get a feel for an instrument.
# 1
Kasperow
Kasperow
04/22/2014 8:44 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorPRS is very particular about how their guitars are displayed and sold. Here in the US, Guitar Center is a big chain for music gear. I was told that they are only allowed to carry the American made models (not the SE) if they have a "Platinum Room". It's rediculous. The only difference is you walk into another room to grab a guitar and bring it out onto the floor to demo in an amp. Because they have so few in the store and in the entire geographical area, the guitars are demo'ed so many times they might as well be used. It seems to be having the exact opposite effect than they intended.

After I've played it for a few days, I'll let you know if I think it was really worth all of the trouble. It's only playing in your own equipment and in your own environment that you really get a feel for an instrument.

Hm... I've heard that PRS are supposed to be pretty good, but I didn't imagine they would be that specific about the way their guitars are displayed... Maybe that's why I can't find any in Denmark... I've seen a bunch of other pretty nice guitars, though. So it's really not a big deal for me if I can't buy a PRS in a store. They're not the only good brand after all :) And I'll probably end up buying my next guitar based solely on how it feels to hold, and then right away have the Pickups replaced with a pair of Oil City SD+ Pickups anyway, so... And it's really more important for me when I buy it, that it feels good to hold. The pickups can always be replaced.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...
# 2

04/26/2014 12:45 am
Nice work ,i think u got some real good feedback from maggior..
# 3
Kasperow
Kasperow
04/29/2014 4:13 pm
Originally Posted by: axe2Nice work ,i think u got some real good feedback from maggior..

Thanks, Axe2. I'm glad you liked it :)

Regarding the next few recordings, I'm in the process of producing a few backing tracks, when I'm not actually practicing guitar. However, I have run into a small problem with one of my WIPs (Works In Progress). I've got a really cool 70's/80's style Hard-Rocking Riff that I'm having a problem with. I can't figure out the Tempo for that riff, because it uses some kind of messed up rhythm (at least by my standards, anyway). Normally I use simple Quarter/Eighth Note-based Rhythms in my riffs, but this time, I have no clue what the rhythm is! I'm working on figuring out the tempo for this thing.

Until then, you'll have to settle for me improvising over some simple backing tracks :)
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.