View post (Improvised Solo)

View thread

maggior
maggior
04/22/2014 6:55 pm
Originally Posted by: KasperowTrust me. The show in Copenhagen, February 11th, 2014... It rocked! It's a shame I didn't make it in time for the Opening Act, since my two favorite Danish guitarists were there to open for Deep Purple. I've attended two of their clinics, and they are just as inspiring as attending a concert :)

I agree with you on Steve Morse. In my opinion, he's actually a bit like Bumblefoot. I'm not a huge fan of either's solo-work, but in their respective bands (Deep Purple for Steve, Guns N' Roses for Bumblefoot), they rock. Bumble did a pretty great job on the stuff on GNR's Chinese Democracy-album (even though many die-hard GNR-fans don't like it because it lacks Slash' guitar), and Steve Morse has done a great job on a lot of Deep Purple's music.

My local guitar store is usually pretty good at getting high-end guitars home, but out of their 6 stores, they have PRS guitars in maybe 2 of them, both located over 200km from where I live... I'm not that desperate to try one out :)

Oh, I forgot to mention, the opening act for the Deep Purple and ELP show I saw was Dream Theater! It was actually Dream Theater we went to see. Got right up in front of the stage since they weren't widely know then. That was memorable!!

I kept hearing good things about PRS and decided to give them a try. It's too bad that you have to try so hard...