View post (Improvised Solo)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
04/22/2014 6:17 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorPRS, at least the higher end ones (not the SE models), are hard to find in stores here. I had to resort to ordering online. It's the first time I've ordered a guitar online, so I'm a little anxious about it. I've hear nothing but good things about Sweetwater and their return policy, so it should be good. If a new guitar isn't inspiring, what is!?!?!

I saw Deep Purple back in the 90's on a double bill with Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. It was a fantastic show!! I'm not a huge fan of Steve Morse's solo stuff, but with Deep Purple, he's great!

Seeing live music is certainly inspiring!

Trust me. The show in Copenhagen, February 11th, 2014... It rocked! It's a shame I didn't make it in time for the Opening Act, since my two favorite Danish guitarists were there to open for Deep Purple. I've attended two of their clinics, and they are just as inspiring as attending a concert :)

I agree with you on Steve Morse. In my opinion, he's actually a bit like Bumblefoot. I'm not a huge fan of either's solo-work, but in their respective bands (Deep Purple for Steve, Guns N' Roses for Bumblefoot), they rock. Bumble did a pretty great job on the stuff on GNR's Chinese Democracy-album (even though many die-hard GNR-fans don't like it because it lacks Slash' guitar), and Steve Morse has done a great job on a lot of Deep Purple's music.

My local guitar store is usually pretty good at getting high-end guitars home, but out of their 6 stores, they have PRS guitars in maybe 2 of them, both located over 200km from where I live... I'm not that desperate to try one out :)
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...