View post (Improvised Solo)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
04/22/2014 5:46 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorCool, looking forward to it! And I think you are right...the end result is what matters, how you get there isn't really important.

I find inspiration in a variety of things. It can be a drum beat or an effect or just switching pickups. Whatever gets you rolling and the creative juices flowing!

I may be making a post myself soon. I'll probably revist the backing track I used for my original posting months ago. A new PRS Custom 24 S2 is waiting for me at home, so that should provide some inspiration :-).

Yeah, a brand-new guitar should be able to provide you with some inspiration. I haven't ever played a PRS, but that's just because my local guitar store doesn't carry them (they do have them in other stores, just not the ones I usually go to). I've heard that they should be pretty good quality, though. Last time I was in a guitar store, I did, however, manage to find a guitar I'm gonna save for, even though I already now know I'll be replacing its Pickups with Oil City SD+ Pickups. I love how it feels and it plays like a dream (in my opinion, it feels even better than a Gibson Les Paul), but I don't think Active Pickups give me the right sound, and I've come to love the Oil City SD+ Pickups, so...

Earlier today, I also managed to find two video-clips from the Deep Purple concert I went to two months ago. I had completely forgotten how awesome it was to see one of the greatest Rock-bands in the world. I can only hope Aerosmith's gonna be just as awesome when I'll be seeing them play Live in the beginning of June :) Watching those clips from Deep Purple (Steve Morse' Solo + "Uncommon Man" + another Steve Morse-solo and "Smoke On The Water") is the second-most inspiring thing I've experienced this year :) It doesn't quite beat being there, though :)

I'm going to do my best on my next recording to make sure it will be more interesting to play and just as importantly, more interesting for others to listen to. I've got a pretty cool riff down, so for this one, I just need a cool drum-track, a bass-line and some more Guitar-Parts to go with the riff :) Probably won't take long to do those parts. It took me about 5 minutes with the Drum and Bass parts on my last recording, and my brother and his fiancé are coming over this weekend, so I might have a chance to test it against someone who's not that much into Rock :) If nothing else, I might at least get a chance to perform that instrumental solo before the upcoming music-school gig :)
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...