View post (Improvised Solo)

View thread

maggior
maggior
04/16/2014 4:51 pm
Originally Posted by: Kasperow
I still regret not picking up the guitar 15 years ago... I actually remember considering it because even back then, I thought it would be cool to play the guitar, and my parents even suggested it, but since my only opportunity to learn was music-education in school in front of 25 other students, I was afraid to cut my fingers on the thin strings or that I was going to look like a complete idiot... Today, I was still afraid my recording would sound like a catastrophe, but it turns out I was just underestimating myself :) I really should've started back then, when I first considered it. Or at least, I should've given it a chance!

I can relate. I wish I got involved with a band 15 years ago! I also was too self concious and afraid I'd make a fool of myself. The important thing is you made the decision now and you are acting on it...and 15 more years didn't go by :-).

The fact that your recording shows you were understimating yourself shows just how important it is to record yourself. I keep reinforcing this lesson myself over and over again - no joking. My band mates learned how important it was too when I started recording our practice sessions and I made them available.

Keep it up man!!!