SHAWN LANE

Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
05/16/2002 11:20 am
Last couple days I explored some amazing guitar players like Buckethead and Shawn Lane. But I haven´t heard none of them but my friend told me that he would get me some records by them wich I will recive next week. I´m really looking forward.

Ok, about Shawn Lane. Is he fastest man alive and what kind of techniques does he use. Also is he much better than Bucket our are they pretty close. I know that Shawn is really an all around player. Jazz, Classic, Metal, Blues he got it all and parhaps Buckethead don´t. I just want some info so that I can be prepeard before he blow my head away next week.

Also do you know any more guitar players that maby aren´t famous as Gilbert, Petrucci and Malmsteen but wich are way better.

SPEED IS ALL THAT MATTERS (for me)
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 1
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
05/16/2002 1:38 pm
I really don't know if Shawn Lane has made a definitive guitar album, I have "Powers of Ten" and although he really doesn't play alot of guitar on it, he has speed and technique, I believe he is more into the composition as a whole than just some fast licks, He doesn't really show a "Flash" side on Powers of 10, I believe he is a musican of enormous talent that goes past just being a guitarist, I don't know how much you know about SL, but I think he has probaly lived his Rock Star fantasies out , I saw him in 79 when he was in Black Oak Arkansas, he was about 15yrs old, and as good as anybody I'd ever heard then, I don't know if his website is back up, .......

PS, " Centrifigal Funk " Shawn Lane and Brett Garsed might be the Shredfest type of thing you are looking for...

[Edited by pstring on 05-17-2002 at 07:52 AM]
# 2
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
05/17/2002 4:57 pm
Shawn LANE is amazing. His real love is art. He collects old records (he owns more than 10000) he loves old movies, he is an amazing piano player, he can write for an orchestra, and oh yes, he blows everyone away on the guitar with his amazing technique... The guy writes catchy tunes, and I'm saddened because his latest stuff with Jonas Hellborg, aren't really my type of stuff. They just get together and write 30 minute longs tunes, on the spot... And they play it as if they had played them for 20 years...

Buckethead is quite funny, because there's great stuff in his music. I have just listened to monsters and robots (I hadn't played it for a while) and it truely unique. I love the 1st tune, where a guy just whispers over the music "I can never stop working hard, everyday I feel I have to improve" and there's this amazingly fast guitar solo at the end of the tune...that turns into a slow bass groove, to go back to the stampede like at the start of the tune. Cool...
# 3
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
05/17/2002 7:17 pm
You really dig Lane don´t you and Buckethead, I haven´t yet heard him but somthing tells me that he´s most orginal player in the world.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 4
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
05/17/2002 7:31 pm
well, I love those guys because they try to create something different.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.