Epiphones...

stratgod
stratgod
05/14/2002 11:10 am
I'll keep it short.
Are Epiphones any good?
The reason I ask is that I want to buy a 335 style one and I heard there are problems with unwanted vibration through the body.Is this true?

Secondly,I bought a Mexican Tele from a guy who used to be in the band 'Yes' and he had an amp that Mark Knopfler played on.Overall it is a really nice guitar!I payed £250 for it with a hard case.Bargain!

"When I was a kid,all I wanted was a red electric guitar.It had to be red,because of Hank and his magical sound." Mark Knopfler on Hank Marvin.
# 1
James8831
James8831
05/14/2002 7:21 pm
can happen on any semi-acoustic guitar - i didn't really get much problem on my Epi Sheraton back in 8? - apparently an old dodge is to stuff the body with rags to stop it resonating and feeding back - this sounds plausible.

All semis are more PRONE to this phenomenon because of their inherent resonance,compared to a solid body - but it varies model to model, etc.

i'd guess if you want a semi you'd be into blues/jazz/rock n roll? and you'd probably find that with MOST amp settings for that kind of music it should be ok..try one and see.. go into the shop in the week, when it's quieter and try to play it on higher gain settings..wake the dozy buggers up for a start..and also see if it feeds back much.

Congrats on the Tele one of my favourite weapons - if she was owned by a 'Yes' guitarist it may be worth putting her in the att..WHAT am i sayin' a Tele is for playing with/on,use it in good sonic health.
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 2
stratgod
stratgod
05/15/2002 10:58 am
Thanks for the reply James. I'll be going in my local on Saturday to try a few out. Also thinking about getting a Nashville Tele as I do love the Tele...

And I will use that Tele I bought to let people hear the sound of one of the greatest guitars ever made.
"When I was a kid,all I wanted was a red electric guitar.It had to be red,because of Hank and his magical sound." Mark Knopfler on Hank Marvin.
# 3
James8831
James8831
05/15/2002 3:26 pm
is not bad ;) -bought my Pacifica there for £150.

and it beats most of the shops in Bristol.

Small tip- if you ever need spares,Clevedon music shop is very good for small parts,nuts etc. They've got brass nuts from about £2.50 - precut!. Can't get them here.

All the best.
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 4
stratgod
stratgod
05/15/2002 8:06 pm
Bristol have got Sound Control which isnt bad although their range of Strats is limited but yeah, Westside is great and I worked in their for a short time ages ago and there was this guy called Ben who was Acoustic Guitarist Of The Year and boy did he play Stairway well.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.