View post (stuck in a rut)

View thread

maggior
maggior
01/11/2014 10:57 pm
Originally Posted by: greg65you all gave me some good advice ,as for what type of guitarist I'd like to be I love playing blues and old classic rock , I think I'll take a few days away from playing, I was self taught and even though I'ev been playing for a long time there is so very much I don't know it's rather hard to know where to start, I will look into the C-A-G-E method and guitar theory for sure. Thanks again for all the help.

Glad to help. I'm mostly self taught and have been playing for over 30 years, so I know where you are coming from. In some areas you feel clueless but in others you feel pretty competent. It's taken me almost a year for me to get a handle on just what I want to concentrate on.

If you are a full member here, you can try going through the core learning system from the beginning and see how far you get before it starts turning into a struggle. If you like learning songs, check out the huge song library and find some that interest you and you think you can handle.

...and have fun!!