Let it Be Solo

maggior
maggior
01/04/2014 5:47 am
So here's a pretty big step for me!!! I've been yammerin' away on these forums for the past year and I though it was time to put something out there. Here is part one...

I've always wanted to learn the solo to Let it Be. Anders does an incredible job of teaching the solo in the lessons for this song. I was able to get it down in a couple of day thanks to Anders breakdown.

If you click on the link below, you can hear my rendition. I'd love to hear some honest feedback on it.

For those that care about such things, it is played on my Les Paul faded Studio into a Vox AC30 amp simulation in my Zoom G5 pedal board. I purposely kept it pretty "dry" of effects to keep some of the raw feel.

(Link removed - should have known covers aren't allowed...only originals!)

Thanks in advance.
# 1
haghj500
haghj500
01/06/2014 5:07 am
Great job over all, if I was driving in my car with the radio on I may have thought it was a live version.
# 2
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
01/06/2014 5:47 am
It sounded solid to me... I agree with Haghj, I wouldn't have immediately known it wasn't the original, but I must confess I'm not an avid listener of the Beatles.

Now that you know the solo, why not do your own take... go for a drivey rich sound and just let 'er rip, even if its not "accurate". Would be fun to hear what you come up with....
# 3
maggior
maggior
01/06/2014 2:28 pm
Thanks guys!

You know, I might just give that a try. I wonder myself what I would come up with.

What was great about learning this solo was learning a run in there that involves a slide up and a string skip, a slide back down and a pull off. It is in the second half of the first run through the progression. It was something I would never think to do on my own and it wasn't hard to master surprisingly. I'll have to see if I can incorporate that lick into my improvisational style. It would counter the countless Pink Floyd/David Gilmour influenced riffs I use.

I was a huge Beatles fan back when I was first learning to play guitar. I'm still a fan, but my taste in music has expanded tremendously since then.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.