TUBE AMP GONE AWRY!

pauliewalnuts
pauliewalnuts
05/10/2002 2:47 am
I own a Marshall jcm 900 head and a Marshall cab w/ 4 75watt celestions. My question is: after I let my amp warm up on standby mode for a couple of minutes I start playing some warmup scales and after about a minute a click happens and then a buzz which stays on for the rest of the time I am playing. Is this my tubes? my cab? my guitar? my cords?
I think it's my tubes but I'm not quite sure. Has anyone had this problem or know what the heck is going on it would help me out greatly. Tanks P Walnuts (ouch)
# 1
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
05/10/2002 6:32 am
Paulie, it sounds like you have an arcing problem somewhere, it could be a tube socket, inside a resistor, inside one of the transformers, it could be in a few other things, the safe bet is to have it checked out as soon as possible, and do not play it until you have it checked out, one small component can sometimes take other larger, more costly components with it when it fails, so play it safe, also when you find out what it is, please post again and let us know what the problem was, you might help someone else out with a similar problem, Good Luck
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.