View post (Guitar places in Chicago.)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
11/21/2013 5:25 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorIf you want to be involved with kids, you could always volunteer at a local school or library to teach an introduction to guitar seminar.

Ewww....I never, ever intended to imply I want to be involved with kids. :rolleyes:

And I certainly never meant to post anything to imply I could teach anything guitar related. :D

Seriously, in the spring of last year I heavily reduced my volunteer work. The drop-off was a surprising relief and the reason I can get in so much guitar practice these days.

As for kids, I/we are blessed to live in a great rural community with great neighbors and kids and, happily, we have been invited into their lives and activities.

Our school (K-8; about 85-100 students) just started a music/band program last year and My Lady and I are planning to sponsor scholarships to pay for instrument rentals. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get guitars into their program. Hmmm...if we sponsored a guitar teacher to make the half-hour trip from town maybe he/she could stop by my practice room afterwards... ;)

This stolen thread now returned. :)
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins