View post (The difference between teaching and leading one to discover)

View thread

Terranaut
Terranaut
11/10/2013 11:06 pm
I started a paid subscription yesterday. Previous comments were made during the trial. I've learned useful stuff already. I learned how to play "Change the World" by Clapton off of YouTube. But the version on here by Showalter is supremo. Now I have to unlearn some of my "make do(s)" but I can handle some of things I either invented or looked for in others to get around some the difficult fingerings that were tough. Although I have no original ideas for music I'm finding a lot of techniques to learn coming to me like using a rubber stamp chord block, writing tab and being able to play it easier. What I need is the familiarity of note names on the fretboard because that dude Showalter for instance talked too fast. I used my screen capturing software to print it all out because I'm blocked from downloading. But no one has to worry about me profiting with dues. It's just for me to look at because I can't keep up with his knowledge yet the way he calls out note on the neck. If he called out by fret and finger I could write the tab, but he calls them out by note name and I have to slow way down to find them that way still. It would be ideal to have the music inset with the teacher as an overlay. Perhaps you guys will get to that before I get tool old and croak. LOL