Hey Mike

Snake24089
Snake24089
09/13/2013 12:28 am
Hey Mike,
I would like to ask you about Rock and Roll All Night by kiss, im not really getting down that solo and I was wondering if u had any tips to make it easier to learn? Id really appreciate it thank you
# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/13/2013 5:03 pm
Hey man, thanks for your question.

Here are a few suggestions to help you with the solo:

1) Slow it down. If you are unable to get the solo, you may be trying to play it up to speed before you have fully absorbed the mechanics of the licks. Learn each lick at a very slow speed, and make sure you can play it correctly and cleanly several times in a row before you increase the tempo.

When it comes time to increase the tempo, only increase it by a little bit. Repeat and master the lick at the new tempo before increasing the tempo again.

It can be a long, tedious process, but there's no getting around putting in the time and the hard work. If you use this method, eventually your muscle memory will take over, and you'll find the lick becomes easier and easier to play.

2) Be sure to study the slowed down version of the solo after the breakdown in Lesson 5. Just seeing it played at a slower speed will help you understand the licks better.

3) Focus on each lick separately. Breaking down the solo into smaller more manageable chunks is always a good idea. For example, the first lick is repeated 7 times before it changes. Work on getting just that one lick down and getting it to flow while you repeat it. Once you've mastered that one lick, then move onto the next.

I hope these suggestions help. Let me know if there is anything else I can do!

Keep rockin'!
Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.