Humidifiers for guitars

Sgt Tee
Sgt Tee
09/02/2013 1:33 pm
This may have been discussed already. Right now I am using a wick system in my guitar cases. I am just curious if any of you operate a entire room humidifier. When we burn wood for the winter it gets very dry in the house. I never minded messing with this idea when I was younger but now that my guitars are quite expensive I do not want to have any problems with them. The last 2 years the wick system worked for me pretty good, but you tend to forget to wet it as it dries in a few days. Does any one use a stand alone humidifier for their room where they keep the instruments, And if you do what do you suggest using or buying. I only use the wicks in my acoustic cases, but I like to know is it necessary to use on solid body guitars. I guess I should have one in in my semi-hollow. All comments and ideas are welcome. Hoping everyone is having a great Labor Day.
For What It's Worth
# 1
haghj500
haghj500
09/02/2013 5:28 pm
Sgt Tee

We always kept a pot of water on the wood stove, adds humidity back to the room. But then you have to keep it full, it makes a huge difference.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.