I'm sorry, but i have to release this

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
05/02/2002 10:01 pm
Today, we had to put my 14 year old dog to sleep. We've had her for 13 years (since i was 4), and i have very few memories without her. for those without pets, you may not realize the impact a death can have, but i tell you, it's just as bad as another family member.

she was in a lot of pain, and had crippling arthritis, we knew it was time. she went peacefully and without pain. i apologize for this unrelated thread, i just had to get it off my chest. thriteen years is a long time to know someone, i know i'll never be the same.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 1
Slasher
Slasher
05/02/2002 10:23 pm
I know how you feel. I had a dog from being born, so I didn't know life without him, n he died when I was 13. It is like losing a family member. Just hold onto the memories n remember the good times. He's in a better place now and in peace. My symapthies go out to you.
Remember, the chickens that fly will always beat the rubber plants that bounce!
# 2
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
05/02/2002 10:30 pm
On freak kitchen's guitarist album, there this sentence:

'to Kitty
who never hesitated to call upon my attention to do something more important than recording this album, like dive headlong in a chilly river to retrieve a stick, or to show those pigeon who's boss, so true, so true'

I think that pets were created by God to remind Man where he's coming from, and that he shouldn't lose his natural instinct for playing games.

For those who know the french cartoon 'Gaston LAGAFFE', there's another quote 'if heads of governments had a cat on their knees to pet, there would be less wars'

Show must go on...
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/02/2002 11:01 pm
I feel for you man, don't sweat the "unrelated" post. Given the all-reaching nature of music and art in general, it's not really that unrelated.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
05/02/2002 11:04 pm
thanks guys
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 5

05/03/2002 2:39 am
We had to put down our cat who was pretty old a few weeks ago. I think I know where you're coming from man.
It stings...
# 6
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
05/03/2002 4:07 am
..'been there, 'still hurtin... When you feel up to it, make a trip to the nearest Humane Society and take a look at the pets there that have been found as strays or abandoned by 'owners'. You may find someone in as much need as you are right now.

Peace,
L.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
Bardsley
Bardsley
05/03/2002 5:38 am
Sorry to hear that.
My cat is 16 and is getting to the point of dying. He's got a lot skinnier, and he seems like he's not long for this world. Fortunately, he still seems happy, and is not in pain, so we don't have to put him down yet.
I don't know what I'll do without him, though I don't live at home anymore, I always love going home to see him (and hear).
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 8
FretSlug
FretSlug
05/03/2002 3:37 pm
Yeh, I know what you feel too. We had to put down our 12 year dog when I was 15.

There's not much to say here except that I am sorry for your loss.
"If practise makes perfect, and no one is perfect, why practise? Duh.."
# 9

05/03/2002 4:02 pm

I had to give my dog when I changed jobs, I only had him for a year but it did hurt. Can't image how much pain it must be when he's been in your life for so long
# 10
nechako
nechako
05/03/2002 10:57 pm
my cat tiddles sits and listens to me practice scales in an old chair,...my best audience. My dog was put down years ago but he suffered all night paralyzed and afraid, I was devastated. There are always many new pets to be adopted,...my cat had been through three homes, the last very abusive, untill she decided to live with me. There is a space that can be filled with a new friend perhaps.

"what the friend that left before taught us serves well as a greeting upon the nervous new one..."
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.