Zoom A3 Acoustic Effects box

12barDave
12barDave
07/09/2013 2:39 pm
I bought the A3 a while ago and here's my review - Modelling other guitar models - not to good, but comparable to other makes I've heard. Effects - brilliant, the A3 turns my acoustic guitar into a guitar that's great to play, as it sounds so good. I'm taking the Blues lessons with Anders at the moment and I can emulate the similar tones and sounds as Anders does. Usability - I play my guitar at home and the box is fine for that, but I think if you were to use it live on stage, it would be awkward as the knobs are not too easy to adjust as they are too close to together so you can't get your fingers in cleanly. Looks good thou! You can store 20 effects into it's memory for easy call-back. In US$, I paid $200:00 on special - reduced from $300:00. I reckon it was worth the reduced price as it's so much fun to use. In summary, I'm please with my purchase, as it transforms my "unplugged" acoustic into a guitar that's so much more fun to play. I wouldn't be without it now.
Thanks and enjoy, 12barDave
# 1
GreggRich1
Gregg Richards
GreggRich1
Gregg Richards
07/22/2013 2:09 am
I have a Zoom A2 and I agree 100% you and your assessment of the A3, when I set it up to sound like a Martin D28 does it? No but it does sound awesome; it'll make a $200 guitar sound like a $2000 guitar in a hurry. I like my Zoom products.

To solve your problem using it live, you have to totally pre set your effects and save them off in different channels before hand. Sometimes it is a pain in the ass and takes a lot of effort to get it right, but what about guitar playing doesn't?
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.