Right techniqe!

assafta
assafta
04/29/2002 9:34 am
Hi everyone.
I have a certain problem. When I play solo or a scale with distortion, the sound I make is not so clean. What I mean 2 say is that there is a lot of noise and i can't solidate the sound I want 2 make. Usually, U can hear the closest string to the string I play 2gether with the string I play, So that makes a lot of noise and not a clean sound.
Do any of you has suggestions? I would appreaciate it very much...
Assafta
# 1
sadromanticghost
sadromanticghost
04/29/2002 9:58 am
Try to be careful when stroke the strings...You may need to do some exercises which can make you to control your pick better!
none
# 2
Willdridge
Willdridge
04/29/2002 4:34 pm
I realise this may sound daft...but practise without distortion...If you can play cleanly with a clean tone, you can control your distortion. By practicing without any distortion you're able to hear what's being played and isolate any "problems" (duff notes, ringing open strings, etc) that you might not want...
Also, practise slowly, this again helps with accuracy - it doesn't matter how fast you can play if only 1 in 4 notes is actually played properly...
Pay attention to both hands - if it's the lower string that are making a noise (E A D) then rest your picking hand (right for most people) on the bridge and dampen those strings, if it's the upper string, (G B e) then use use the underside of your fretting hand fingers to mute them.
Hope that was helpful and made at least some sense...keep at it and before you know it, you be playing note-for-note perfect solos in no time!
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.