Big Black Frames

Chrisser
Chrisser
06/28/2013 4:27 am
Hi Mike,

So I'm tackling my first guitar solo, why not start with some of the good Rev. Willie G's work! :D

I've always loved ZZ Top and Cheap sunglasses!

I think I found a mistake... The info above the Tab says the solo is in G! I was trying to get some of the notes under my fingers from just the tab. I brought up the G Minor Blues scale on my handy Guitar tool kit on my phone and it sure didn't look like the notes were in the Gm Pent scale. ;)

I went back and watched you again and you said it was in C minor blues - That made much more sense! :D

Thank you for explaining the modulation to the Bb minor and why...that was an important learning point for me! Now I'm starting to see how I could use those licks with other songs or just jamming over Blues and where and why you could modulate to another scale during a solo. OUTSTANDING :D

Thanks and looking forward to the next song you teach! :cool:
Chris
# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/28/2013 9:11 pm
Hey Chris!! Thanks for the kind words, and thank you for catching that mistake in the description. Yes, it definitely should be C minor pentatonic/blues scale. I will have it changed ASAP!

Keep rocking!!!
Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
Chrisser
Chrisser
06/29/2013 4:21 am
I can tell you put a lot of effort into teaching us the songs. I appreciated it! I've learned more from you in the past two months than in the past 18 months from a stack of DVD's and two other pay sites!
And I'm pretty happy about it, can ya tell?!! LOL!! :cool:

The little details you put in "slide in here" "1/4 step bend" "palm mute then let it build" that stuff is all GOLD. and is the difference between just playing the song "okay" and playing a song so it sounds great and engages the listener! ;)

Figured a little feed back was good just to let you know it's not just going into a black hole. I'm out here working hard to LEARN :D
# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/29/2013 2:17 pm
Thanks so much Chris!!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.