View post (Mission of the month!)

View thread

irishsnout
irishsnout
05/09/2013 11:42 am
So I have been playing guitar/bass off and on for a long time but I still am pretty horrible at it. I was Looking at some of the videos and they talk about making goals to improve playing. I was thinking that mabe we could start a thread on achieving those goals. Stop me if its been done here but I dont think it has. Here is my idea.
Basically it would work like this. At the start of the month, each player that is interested in participating will list a personal goal for the month. It could be something as simple as increasing the tempo on a two chord progression to learning a solo or song or even writing a song. Then at the end of the month, respond on how well you did trying to reach that goal.
I think the goal should be tough enough that you really have to work to obtain it but not so far out of reach that you lose motivation. And lastly, no egos. The point is to motivate each other to progress as players no matter what the ability.
I'll start for the month of May. I want to memorize and be able to play the 7 mode shapes of the major scale starting on the low E string. Let me know I f anyone thinks this thread "Mission of the Month," is a good idea and hopefully there is participation.