guitartricks songlist

cabledoctor
cabledoctor
04/26/2013 11:28 pm
I did not know where to post this but I have to say just the song list of awesome songs you guys teach is worth the price of admission. I'm lovin this site guys/gals, keep up the great work.
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/27/2013 12:33 am
Thanks cabledoctor! With this month's Song Fund, the list just gets better too, so we're pretty excited about where things are going. Enjoy!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
04/29/2013 6:46 pm
Thanks cabledoctor, that's so good to hear! :)
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 3
The Duke of New York
The Duke of New York
05/17/2013 11:55 pm
I absolutely LOVE this site too! GuitarTricks is the best of the best!
# 4
JFO6
JFO6
06/02/2013 11:48 am
Come on guys. Where are the songs by The Ventures. They were the first all guitar group and have sold hundreds of thousands of albums in 50+ years.

I know, lots of their stuff was cover. Yes, even Walk Don's Run was a Johnny Smith cover, but their styling was unique and they have authored lots of their own material as well.

They fought to even be recognized by Rock and Roll Hall of Fame but ask anyone who grew up in the 60's which group was instrumental in their learning to play a guitar.

Have you ever gone to www.theventures.com and read about all the guitar people who credit them for their love of playing.

Please open up their songs to be included here!
# 5
compart1
compart1
06/02/2013 6:16 pm
2000 Pound Bee and the Batman Theme are The Ventures tunes..
# 6
JFO6
JFO6
06/03/2013 12:37 am
I know about Batman and 2000 PoundB, but this is just a drop in the whole music industry bucket for a group that is very underrated.

Walk - Don't Run
Rawhide
Gandy Dancer
Ginchy
Trambone
Perfidia
Rambunkshus
Torquay
Driving Guitars
Night Drive

And many other great guitar songs to learn
# 7
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
06/03/2013 2:10 am
Originally Posted by: JFO6Come on guys. Where are the songs by The Ventures. They were the first all guitar group....

I'm a Ventures fan too and even got to see them live (or what was left of the group) in '69. But to credit them as the "first all guitar group" might stretch things a bit. The Fireballs presumably predate the Ventures as they are sometimes credited with paving the way for the Ventures' instrument make-up of guitars and drums.

Time flies! 'We' continually commemorate great Rock bands, individual artists and songs. But many, including those above, are well past 50 years back in Rock history. The Ventures, Duane Eddy, Link Wray, and Dick Dale (my first guitar hero) are the instrumentalists that meant the most to me. Happily (amazingly?), Eddy performed as recently as two years ago, Dale is on tour now.

Fifty+ years we look back on! What a fantastic musical history rock has!! Fifty years before these guys were getting started takes us to...the very earliest days of records.
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 8
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
06/03/2013 2:34 am
Oooops! How could I forget...me, an old Air Force troop myself...
George Babbitt...the first Ventures drummer and the first rocker to make
4-star General...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljLi_hBLy3A

I'm still tryin' to be a rocker too but I no longer have stars in my eyes... ;)
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 9
Neal Walter
Neal Walter
06/04/2013 11:21 pm
I thought it was inspiring that they didn't really know how to play their instruments and they persisted and succeeded anyway. :)

hey JFO6, it's good to hear your strong vote for The Ventures, we rely on the song requests to tell us what you all want to see at Guitar Tricks. If there are songs missing by a band, it's not because we don't want them there, but we'll do our best to bring you more by these guys. The list was really helpful!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 10
pattyb5
pattyb5
06/10/2013 6:42 pm
Love the Ventures too. Who doesn't really? Hank Marvin/Shadows are cool too. IMHO

Walk don't run was the first complete song I learned on guitar. And when I used to play live(would like to on a more regular basis soon) people loved when we played it. I read that that was EVH's first song too. Joe Walsh is another big fan.

Anyway, not that anyone give a rats arse, just thought I'd chime in. Great site for sure. I'm constantly going back to the song list to try to get more ideas, etc.

I don't know about others, but the videos/way you guys break down songs REALLY help. I'm a pretty good tab reader (and I still use it) but having the video to watch is the key for me. It is much less daunting than looking at a bunch of numbers and symbols, etc. Sometimes tab makes it WAY more complicated. When you SEE someone perform a certain section correctly, it really speeds the learning process. I know you hear it all the time, but man do I wish I would have had this site when I was just starting out! I would have spent ALL DAY on here. Life has a tendency to make time more scarce as the years go by but I still find some time to study on here. Ramble over........

keep up the great work!!!

PS: Cool interview with DZ, Neil. And nice SG too. :)

Rocks On!!

Originally Posted by: Neal WalterI thought it was inspiring that they didn't really know how to play their instruments and they persisted and succeeded anyway. :)

hey JFO6, it's good to hear your strong vote for The Ventures, we rely on the song requests to tell us what you all want to see at Guitar Tricks. If there are songs missing by a band, it's not because we don't want them there, but we'll do our best to bring you more by these guys. The list was really helpful!

# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.