A new acoustic...

Wide
Wide
04/23/2002 6:43 pm
I'm thinking about getting a new acoustic guitar, and I'm mainly thinking choosing between two: A Simon & Patrick satin series, and a Cort Earth 500. Both play, look, and sound great to me, but what would you think is the best buy? It feels like the S&P is "better" because it's made in Canada, as compared to the Cort,which is made in Korea. The Earth 500 sure looks a little fancier than the S&P though...

What I'm wondering is if anybody can tell me about these guitars, from personal experience. Good woods? Durable finish, and such things... Just want to hear your opinions...

regards

Wide
# 1
Bardsley
Bardsley
04/24/2002 1:44 am
Cort's make good guitars, I have an earth 200 and I like that (though a lot of that is sentimantal attachment to my first guitar) so the earth 500 would be peretty nice. They always get good reviews, so don't be put off by the "made in Korea" tag. However, don't go for one just because it looks the fanciest! I have no knowledge of the Simon & Patricks, but I'm just saying, don't disregard the Cort.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.