View post (Chord Question)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
03/09/2013 5:07 pm
Originally Posted by: CSchlegelWhat, precisely, is your current skill level?

What songs or licks or riffs or things can you play? What can't you play yet that you are working on?

Well, I have a grasp of how various things work, though I can only identify the notes of the C Major Scale on the fretboard and by moving the notes up or down, I can find the other Major Scales (I'll have to find a way to memorize the formula, so I can play the other scales more easily...). My biggest problem right now is actually strength, speed and dexterity in both hands (and precision for the right hand).

As of right now, I can almost fluently play the main riff from Aerosmith's Dream On (the simple riff that plays during the beginning of the intro and during the verses) but I can't play the end part of the intro so it sounds right, as well as the simple chord progressions in the Guitar Fundamentals course and House Of The Rising Son as taught in the GF2 course (a bit slow on the arpeggio-track, though) and a somewhat slow-paced pop-song called Unbreakable, though that also halts a bit at the end, due to the strange chord-shapes used.

I'm mainly trying to learn to play those three songs for now. I don't feel like I need too many songs to work on, at least in the beginning.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...