View post (Considering buying a better Amp...)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
02/03/2013 10:01 pm
Originally Posted by: haghj500Line 6 "JAM"

Should be checked out before you buy. The amp can actually help you learn. I’ve had one for just over a year now. You can go in and slow down or speed up music that comes with the amp or that you record with it. It also has a second half so to speak, so you can also plug in a mic or another guitar, or bass or whatever. So if you have a friend come by with a guitar, you can both plug in and jam. Heck you can even record the two of you jamming. If the friend plays a lick you want to learn, just go in and slow down the music. Play along to figure it out. It goes to just 25% of normal speed.

I've looked at the Line 6 Spider Jam amp, but sadly it's just a bit too expensive for what I can afford, when shipping costs are included in the price. I'll try to see if I can find one that's within my budget, though. Are there any other, newer SS amps that are great for beginners, that are still of proper quality at a low price? Preferably suited for using pedals, since I have a couple of those I use to add effects to my sound.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...