View post (Considering buying a better Amp...)

View thread

haghj500
haghj500
02/02/2013 6:09 pm
Line 6 "JAM"

Should be checked out before you buy. The amp can actually help you learn. I’ve had one for just over a year now. You can go in and slow down or speed up music that comes with the amp or that you record with it. It also has a second half so to speak, so you can also plug in a mic or another guitar, or bass or whatever. So if you have a friend come by with a guitar, you can both plug in and jam. Heck you can even record the two of you jamming. If the friend plays a lick you want to learn, just go in and slow down the music. Play along to figure it out. It goes to just 25% of normal speed.

It has a 12” speaker with 75 watts power, 7 peddle effect already on board and you use can use up to 3 of them at the same time. It also has a small 2” tweeter for playing back music, so you can get the high end sounds from it also. The guitar sound does not come out the tweeter, its just for play back. Check some youtube videos on it.

I’m not saying it’s the best amp or that you may not choose to replace it later, but in my opinion there is not another amp out there that can do so much to help a beginner, in as many ways. You always have a band to jam with.