View post (I bought a car with no wheelnuts/Guitar STRAP)

View thread

Christopher James
Christopher James
01/18/2013 11:54 am
I bought a car took it for a spin down the road and bingo! The wheel nuts fell off the tyres and rollin and a tumblin... were my wheels into the neighbours fence!
Meanwhile..back in the car yard the sales guy said...Oh sorry sir! Didn't you know? We dont sell wheel nuts to put on your tyres ...thats a seperate purchase! ...Say what? ...this is an analogy for my experience and countless others of a GUITAR STRAP. Its great to have a guitar strap...it holds the weight of your guitar as an extension of your body...but bingo! there it goes ...your prized guitar coming crashing down off the strap and onto the hard floor...

I would of thought that if your going to sell a guitar strap...you need to supply it with STRAP LOCKS! ....cause I just dropped my guitar on the marble floor and it was a bad experience after spending my hard earned cash on buying a good instrument. I might add that this wonderful site should mention this fact to the beginner....in fact I never heard of a strap lock before ...only thanks to the internet did i discover how important it was when selecting your strap in the guitar shop. Anybody experience this problem? Check those wheel nuts on your car next time you part with your money huh.