Sort of a new member

PATRICK98
PATRICK98
12/24/2012 6:45 am
Hi I'm Patrick and I am an alcoho......I mean I've been a member of the G.T. For about two years or so. I've been wrestling with this thing called the guitar since I was about seventeen. My knowledge of music is that of an intermediate level, my technical ability at times seems somewhat lacking.

The Guitar Tricks web site is great, in that it has excellent instructors that are great at making different musical concepts clear and easy to understand, and there is a great variety of song instruction available, with in Depth explanation. Guitar Tricks actually saves you a lot of money. In that you do not spend so much money on the so called guitar teacher, who strings the customer with tidbits of information, maximizing their profit, while teaching the student how to play Mary had a little lamb.
I'm not saying that there is not a need for a guitar teacher at times in each artist career, whether professional or hobbyist. However, in the past 34 years I have seen many a poor soul led down the garden path paying anywhere from 10-50 dollars and hour, by so called guitar teachers. Many of these people give up after a year or so, with feelings of frustration and belief that the guitar is not for them, not realizing that were only being given piece meal information ghat meant only to string them along. Enough of that rant.

Any way I wanted to introduce myself to the community. Hopefully have some good meaningful dialogue about this thing called the guitar.

Thankyou! Patrick
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
12/24/2012 8:41 pm
Hi Patrick,
Thanks for introducing yourself. Two years makes you a veteran. Thanks for your support.

Jon
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
12/26/2012 10:12 pm
Hi Patrick,

It's great to hear you found a comfortable place to learn, thanks for your feedback too!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.