Hello

Jeremy-H
Jeremy-H
12/23/2012 5:51 am
Hello everyone,

I played guitar around 12 years ago for about a year. I played with a neighbor who was mostly self taught. I picked up a few power chords and even learned a few Nirvana songs back in the day, but that was the extent of it. A few chords ( not even fingered properly ) is all I knew. I picked up an electric a few years back but never really played and I never made progress, so that got sold. Then my daughter got an Ukulele for her 2nd birthday in early November and I decided that since she loves music and dancing I'd just learn a few chords for her and maybe teach her to strum a little when she's ready. Sitting on the couch playing the Ukulele for hours on end I quickly realized that the thing was way too small for me, and I really still had an interest in playing the guitar. So, I borrowed a relatives guitar to get back into it and started to look for online education and joined the site about a month ago. I'm finding that I'm picking things up much quicker than I had thought. I've learned more in the past month than I ever did before. I've gone through Fundamentals 1 and 2 and even a few side lessons on theory so far.

I'm very impressed with the site. The teaching is top-notch and very engaging, and when I compared it to the other major online competitor the structure of the beginning levels is fantastic. In fact, I hope to see the same kind of structure applied to the Theory lessons and more in the future. It really helped me know where to go next. It would be great to have a whole "block" or "track" just for progressive theory lessons, and likewise for advanced skills, although admittedly since I'm not that far yet I haven't investigated if those are already organized the same way as fundamentals. Anyway, sorry for the long introduction.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying the journey.
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
12/24/2012 8:40 pm
Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for your kind words! I'm really glad to hear we are helping you achieve your goals.

Jon
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
12/26/2012 10:15 pm
Hi Jeremy,

I was just teaching my girlfriend how to play bass last night so we could jam. It's great how helping someone else to learn can inspire yourself to get better. Thanks for the story!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.