New member as well

stansrv
stansrv
12/20/2012 7:08 pm
Hello all,

My name is Rob and I'm in Omaha, NE. My father was a music teacher so i grew up in/around music. I started playing the guitar in high school and have worked on it on and off over the years. I play mostly for personal enjoyment and relaxation, but want to crank it up a notch this year. I'm looking to improve my knowledge of the instrument and physical/technical skills, and build a song library. I need help to tighten up my practice time as well so as not to just plug in and goof off. I have some friends at work who like me are closet musicians, and we decided to get together and jam in the new year; barring any Mayan calendar issues.

I chose this site because the song list seemed best for my immediate interests, and after poking around on the site last night, i'm pretty impressed. I'm sure there are licensing issues around providing the song lessons, but keep working on that and build a strong library. That seems to be to be a big differentiator (sp?) for on-line training sites.

Thank you.
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
12/20/2012 8:31 pm
Hi Rob,
Welcome and thanks for your comments. The licensing is a struggle, but we are working hard on it.

It sounds like you might want to check out our "art of practice" lessons. I'd be curious to hear how that strikes you, if you have time to comment later on.

Jon
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/23/2012 12:08 am
Hi Rob,

So glad you are with us!
Now that we've apparently survived the End of the World,
You and your buds can get down to making some good music together.

Keep us posted, and have fun!
-Lisa
Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 3
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
12/26/2012 10:18 pm
Hi Rob,

Building a song library is my goal for the new year too. Maybe the Mayan calendar guy just ran out of room on the stone?? ;) Now it's time to JAM! Good to have you here.
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.