TSL Marshall Head

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
04/15/2002 3:28 pm
I have a marshall 100watt valvestate, it has DFX but i cant realy get the sound i want!!
I looked at the marshall TSL100watt 3 channel. Its £700, but how many cabinets do you buy for it? Are you supposed to buy two, the square shaped one then the sorta sloping triangle one!! forgive the poor terminology. Does the head work on its own? if yeah, obviously your still expected to buy a cab for it huh?
Finally, how many cabinets do area gigs use? like how many does did slash use when he played big stadiums?

Later Axl
# 1
trendkillah
trendkillah
04/15/2002 5:14 pm
If you buy a head, you'll have to get a cabinet with it. But the size and how many, depends on what you need.
Sure, you can connect 2 cabinets to an amp like that, but I doubt a lot of people actually really need it.
Another thing is, that you can use any size of cabinet you wish too. 1X12, 2X12, 4X12, it just depends on your needs.

A lot of guitar players always have stacks and stacks of cabinets on stage, yet, they only use 1 or 2 of them. They need it for looks, not for the sound. Cabinets get mic'ed up anyway, so the louder the volume would be on the stage coming from the amps, the more problems it would give for creating a decent mix both front of house, and monitors.

However, if you're like me, and play(or at least I used to) in a band that never scores gigs where they have a PA, you'll have to rely solely on your amp. In this case it is useful the have two 4X12 cabs stacked on eachother, just cause it spreads the sound a lot better. Personally I never used more than one, but it did the trick too.
For rehearsels, I always used one 2X12, elevated a little bit, pointed towards me. Workerd perfectly.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.