Thanks Guitar Tricks!

zalba
zalba
10/05/2012 3:12 pm
Thanks Guitar Tricks for continuing to pour out great quality lessons! My playing has improved from them. Thanks also for not only asking for subscribers' feedback, but also for truly caring about it. I've noticed many updates/changes very recently and over the past few months that have been helpful and seemed to have been made per peoples' requests in the forum. To name a few, in no particular order:

Organization of information or renaming groups of lessons and use of individualized My Guitar Tricks: Wow! There are lessons I'd either forgotten about or didn't know about and have found now due to these changes. The My Guitar Tricks was a great update and for me a sort of reset of lessons of my interest.

Showing new lessons on the home page: That has been very useful. There is sooooo much information on this site, it's very helpful to know when a new lesson series is available.

Continuing to add awesome songs: The new list is fantasic. They just keep getting better. I don't know how GT is able to do it, but I certainly hope the interest and subscriptions continue to keep this alive. The range of song types is great too. There seems to be something for everyone. I'm particularly excited about the new Allman Brothers song. That one is likely to end up with Fields of Gold on my top list of songs from this site.

Jam Station: I'm so looking forward to the revamp of that section. It's where we can take what we learn and experiment.

The Art of Practice: We all go through periods of getting away from useful practice. This series has rejuvenated my interest in it.

Forum: Great idea to be able to converse with specific instructors.

Thanks again GT!
# 1
andrius.b
andrius.b
10/05/2012 7:20 pm
I agree! Great work guitartricks maintainers and staff.

Just have one little suggestion for the forum: it would be nice to have a "Unread replies" button that would give a list of all the threads where you have at least one post and where the time you last visited it is earlier then the time when last post has been posted. I don't know if this particular forum system makes it easy to add this feature or not, but it would be helpful because people wouldn't have to remember to search for every thread they posted to just to see if someone posted a new post there. Most big forums have this feature and I think it is crucial.
Or maybe it already exists and I am simply missing it? :)
# 2
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
10/05/2012 8:33 pm
Hi Zalba,

Thank you so much for your comment, it means a lot to us to know that our hard work is being well-received. (and that we're doing the right thing!)

Enjoy the new songs, I'm really proud of the titles that are coming through..and excited too!! It took a while but we're getting there.
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 3
Neal Walter
Neal Walter
10/05/2012 8:38 pm
Hi andrius.b, you can subscribe to posts you made like this:

When in the forum, look for "Quick Links" drop-down menu (top right, next to Log Out)
From here click "Edit Options"
Under "Messaging & Notification" you'll see "Default Thread Subscription Mode"
You can set it to "daily email notification," that way you know whenever someone responds to a post you made.
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 4
andrius.b
andrius.b
10/06/2012 8:24 am
Thanks Neal!
I somehow missed that :)
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.