how do you find a giutar thats right for you ?

scullbonecreek
scullbonecreek
09/05/2012 11:19 pm
i went to the guitar store to look at them and i didn't know how to play so i was not sure what to get i had someone play some of them and i picked one out that sound good to me and bought it i like it but i don't know if it's the best pick for me ? can anyone help me under stand buying a guitar better
# 1
hunter1801
hunter1801
09/06/2012 12:32 am
You just need to get better really. Everyone starts out not knowing what to get for their first guitar. You buy one based on the type of music you play. Whatever style of music you want to play, do some research on what guitars people use.

Once you are able to play better and test your own guitars, then you can just do that.
# 2
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
09/12/2012 11:33 am
Originally Posted by: scullbonecreeki went to the guitar store to look at them and i didn't know how to play so i was not sure what to get i had someone play some of them and i picked one out that sound good to me and bought it i like it but i don't know if it's the best pick for me ? can anyone help me under stand buying a guitar better

Figure out what basic style you want. What music do you want to play? What kind of guitar do those guys use? Figure out if you want a Strat or other style guitar first. From there, find one that 'feels good'. Keep looking. The One will call out to you!

You don't have to spend big, either. Parts can be changed and upgraded. My absolute fave guitar right now is a $400 Epi LP std that I've upgraded. This thing just howls!! It ain't about the price point at all. Find The One. :)
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 3
scullbonecreek
scullbonecreek
09/13/2012 5:56 am
thanks for the reply's I'll keep playing what i have till i get better thanks again!
# 4
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/18/2012 3:30 am
It's really tricky to know what is best in the beginning, as you essentially know nothing at the start. My first guitar was a cheap Dean that wasn't overly complicated. Simple volume knob, no whammy bar, just a simple instrument.

I would start with something similar so you aren't burdened by the technical stuff, and also make sure it stays in tune decently well. Find a friend or family member that can play a little and have them go with you. Start simple, and find someone you trust to help make a decision.

:)
Douglas Showalter
# 5
summer sand
summer sand
09/20/2012 3:16 am
Don't get pushed around and keep trying until you find the one that's right for you--it will feel better, play better, and sound better to you. I've played guitar for more years than I like to recall, and when I switched back to acoustic (kind of) it took me over a year to choose a guitar. It was worth the time spent looking.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.