Member since...

CitznMag
CitznMag
08/25/2012 11:42 pm
...2005??? Five years ago I decided to stop procrastinating and satisfy an aching desire to learn a musical instrument. I tried the recorder, where all the kiddies start--portable but not cool; the harmonica--cool, portable but couldn't get past the spit factor; the piano--cool, not portable, not affordable (at least the one I wanted). Then a co-worker heard me singing at work and asked me to join his small church choir. A young woman accompanied the choir on guitar and I fell in love (with the guitar not the girl). She taught me a few chords and from then on an obsession started. I purchased an acoustic, bought a few books and registered with every possible guitar site that was around at the time, including GT.

Life got in the way and the obsession waned. It also didn't help that I wasn't making much progress on my own (paying for regular lessons wasn't an option).

So after beating myself for about 5 minutes: "I can't believe how much time I wasted....I could've been really good by now if I'd kept at it!!!", I'm back, at 47, to try again. In just a half hour of practice and going over one of the lessons here, I am amazed at how much I (and my fingers) still remember. It's very encouraging; muscle memory is DA BOMB!!
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
08/28/2012 5:50 pm
Hi CitznMag,

Wow it looks like you've been on quite a musical journey! We're glad to see you chose guitar and also that you chose to come to GT to learn! You've made the right choice.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help with anything!

Best Regards
GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/30/2012 1:29 am
I love stories like this.

Welcome back CitznMag! :)
Douglas Showalter
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.