Introduction: Hello

Killsocket
Killsocket
08/15/2012 4:34 am
My name is Robert.
I have been playing since December of 2011 and mainly used youtube videos by some well known "online" instructors. I have been fortunate enough to get to the point where I learned open chords and power chords and even a barre chord or two.
I have been able to play a few songs about 70% of the way, which is fun.

However, I wanted more. I didn't want to do a live teacher because of cost. Other sites really was missing something or their instructors were lacking personality, or quite frankly, didn't offer what I was looking for.

I checked out this site and have been navigating for a day or two and already, I'll repeat that, ALREADY have had my mind blown by the C Major Scale Intro for Beginners. I have two books that explain this, I have seen other youtube videos explain this, countless forum posts in a popular guitar forum explain this but I never got it, until that video.

I have also sneaked around the Blues section, particularly the power chords section and really immediately improved my play. Seriously. These instructors here are very good. Palm muting befuddled me. Not since the lesson in the Blues area.

Well, I guess this isn't about me, but I just had to say something. If you must know about me, I like The Black Keys, The White Stripes, Weezer, and Nirvana and Foo Fighters. Not too diverse, but those are at the top of my list of favorites. Of course, I enjoy more artists.

Thanks for reading! I am glad I found this place. I am excited for playing the guitar again!

Rob
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
08/15/2012 10:10 pm
Hi Rob,

First and foremost, welcome to Guitar Tricks! Nothing makes us happier than hearing from new users that are enjoying our site. Thank you so much for your kind words.
If you'd like we'd love to include your story on our customers page? http://www.guitartricks.com/customers.php

If your interested, let us know and I will add you to the site!

Best regards,
GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Killsocket
Killsocket
08/16/2012 11:33 pm
I'm cool with that. This place rocks!
# 3
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
08/17/2012 11:46 pm
Hey Rob, good to have you here and it's great to hear your + feedback (it sounds like a GT commercial!)

I'm a big fan of Weezer and Foo Fighters too, check out our Nirvana songs when you get a chance:
http://www.guitartricks.com/songs.php?input=Master&sort=1
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 4
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/30/2012 1:44 am
Hey Robert!

Welcome to Guitar Tricks. I think you'll find more then enough to keep you busy :cool:
Douglas Showalter
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.