Ed Romans Guitars?

Cavefish X
Cavefish X
04/10/2002 2:15 pm
Lately Ive been contemplating consolidating my guitars (I have 11)and just having 2 or 3 guitars. Ed Roman makes 2 guitar lines called a Quicksilver and a Pearlcaster. On his website (www.edroman.com)these seem like high quality in the PRS range of quality. Does anybody have a guitar made by Ed Roman? Has anybody had any experience with his buisness? (He does sell other lines besides his own...)
Thanks
What's the difference between a puppy and a singer-songwriter?
Eventually the puppy stops whining.

# 1
James8831
James8831
04/10/2002 3:07 pm
Love Ed's website and his opinions..so i may be biased.

I think what he says about Heritage vs Gibson has a great deal of truth.

No, I've never bought from him but if i ever bought a proper/higher end guitar over the internet I think i'd be as confident as i could be of getting a safe delivery and a good instrument from him.

Having said that I always prefer to get the beast in my hands and she how she plays to avoid disappointment..say you'd always wanted a Gibson you may get to the shop and find [eg] the neck was "wrong" for you but the Ibanez or Yamaha or Heritage (etc..etc..) felt better .Comparing guitars (especially without plugging them in) "in the wood" is the only true way to compare individual instruments..

i had the option, the last time i bought, of buying on the net or driving over 250 miles to get a good deal.

I prepared myself and set off at 6.30 am , when i got to the shop i spent an hour comparing two Gibsons........the next day I had a stiff neck from trying to see what the other a*sholes on the road were doing..but it was worth it result= great guitar at great price.

Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.