Hello Everyone :-)

National
National
08/05/2012 8:51 am
Hi Forum,
My name is National and I am from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I decided after my long journey trying to find a good guitar teacher that I would try on-line learning. For the price you really can't go wrong unless you learn nothing or have sever ADD

I have recently tried to sit down with a few different people from Here in Toronto, Ont to learn and what a disaster. I had one guy who was $50 a hour with a degree from Music school who didn't even teach me correctly from the start. Thank god his first 2 lessons were free xP

I had one guy who came to my house for $40 per hour and a half. Which I thought was a super deal since I also wanted to learn the drums and had just bought a new drum set aswell. He turned out to be a 40 year old drug addict who didn't even have his own guitar let alone bring tab sheets or any materials at all to teach drums and guitar.

I had another guy trade e-mails with me and somehow I ended up not being worthy of his teachings. I just moved on quickly after shaking my head for a minute on that one.

Which brings me here, a tad pissed off yet hungry to learn. I am about a week and a half into my 14 day trial . Granted I have only sat down for about 30 mins the first day but have already learned more then I have from my previous teachers. I look forward to learning and hope this site helps me reach my goals of being a 30 something year old rock supastar xD

I have always wanted to learn to play yet never could afford to invest in it till recently. My favorite songs I am learning at this moment are AAF- Smooth Criminal, Black Sabbath - Ironman and at some point I want to get into a bit more heavy metal like Chop Suey by System of a down.

Later later on get into some nice relaxing Jazz for those mellow nights ;-)

That about concludes my intro, see you all around the forums.
# 1
JJ90
JJ90
08/05/2012 2:31 pm
Hi National and welcome to Guitartricks!

What a great and extensive introdution you have here! It's really unfortunate that it didn't work out with your previous teachers but when you have a great private teacher it can do wonders for sure!

For myself online guitar lessons were absolutely the cheapest and best way to start as a beginner. Well that's me personally, could differ from person to person ofcourse. The basics everyone can learn as long as they practice and learn to observe. With that I mean to observe when you can't get something down and see what you are actually doing wrong. When you have a great private teacher you can make faster progress with that for sure but these online recourses like Guitartricks are great!

I'm absolutely sure that once you get to a certain level you may want a private teacher to help you break barriers and become the best guitarist you can be, but I didn't feel the need when I was starting out with guitar.

Anyway have a great time here! Hope you learn lots!

JJ
# 2
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
08/14/2012 8:15 pm
Hi National,

Well, angry and hungry will definitely get you started.

It sounds like you have a wide taste in music, check out our songs page if you haven't already..over 300 songs and a good variety there. We've just posted some new songs too:

http://www.guitartricks.com/songs.php?input=Master&sort=1
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.