New to the site

MorganSthlm
MorganSthlm
07/31/2012 12:52 am
Hello everyone!

I have been a member for 10 days now and I have had so much fun.
I started playing when I was 16 and played in different bands and such until one day my dearly beloved Fender Strat got stolen and I was aware of becoming a dad for the first time five months later. I was 22 at the time and it was time to play the grown-up game for a while.

I have always had the idea of buying a new guitar but as time goes by the feeling of need to play wears off and you get other intrests. My little brother took over the guitar playing in the family and moved to USA 11 years ago so our contact has been over the internet. For a couple months ago we had a discussion which lead to that he said something like "Get a guitar and show me who's the boss".

Now, when your kid brother challenge you in that way you have to put your foot down. A couple days later I was a Fender owner again, thinking "How hard can it be taking off after around 20 years not holding a electric guitar?".
It was a lot harder than I thought. I pick the wrong strings and the fingers on the other hand didn't wanna cooperate but I slowly getting there.

Now a couple months have passed. Things start to return slowly. Guitar Tricks have been a great asset last ten days. It is such a difference with a pro site vs. some random kid@youtube.

So what do I wanna find in the future on GT?
Well, my favorite guitar player is Richie Sambora. More his solo stuff but even some Bon Jovi stuff. I think Sambora have a nice bluesy style and I like that in guitar players.
Other favorites is Mike Campbell in the Heartbreakers, Stevie Ray of course, Jimi Hendrix, Clapton, Gary Moore naming a few...

If I could wish I would go for a artist style lesson and some songs of both Gary Moore and Richie Sambora. That would be awesome!!

Greetings from Sweden!!
Morgan
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
07/31/2012 11:30 pm
Hi Henri Kreizel,

Welcome! :)

We are currently working on adding a number of songs to our Songs Page but are always accepting suggestions for new titles at the "Song Request" section in our online forum.

Here is a link to the "Songs Request" section of our forum.http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

-GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Goncalo Crespo
Goncalo Crespo
08/03/2012 6:12 pm
Hi, welcome to the site!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.