View post (Which Effects Processor)

View thread

wolbai
wolbai
08/30/2012 3:43 pm
Originally Posted by: crockett1My electric equipment includes a Fender Squier, a Fender Tele, a Fender Strat, and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. I have a 10 Watt practice amp and a Fender 65 Twin Reverb Reissue amp. I am looking to add some effects in the form of an effects processor for the sake of gaining different sounds, not necessarily recording. I have looked at the Boss GT-10, Boss GT-100, the Boss ME-70, and the TC Electronics Nova System. I am leaning toward the latter one. Does anyone have any input on which, if any, of these processors is more desirable or if there are others that I should be considering?

I am using Line6 Effects in my Cover Rock Band, because of the good quality for the bucks and the versatility I need.

You should consider the latest Effect boards from Line6: HD300, HD400 and HD500.

In addition to a lot of good effects (they are from the M-series), you also have a variety of amp models you can choose.

Your "clean" Fender amp is soundwise somehow limited in my opinion (but thats just up to your needs).

With amp Models like a Marshall/JCM800 or a Mesa Boogie/Dual Rectifer from the Line6 HDXXX effect processor, you can move into new tonal dimensions with your Fender amp. But this - of course - depends on what you are want to achieve.

Good luck - wolbai.