extreme newbie

spbk12
spbk12
06/13/2012 1:18 pm
I have just bought a guitar and as a leftie have never been around other lefties to ever even begin to pick it up and play. I am really enjoying the Core lessons and have just got through to the simple (1 finger) chords lessons. I am now a little confused as I thought a song might have been introduced about now to allow me to put it all together?

The lessons now go on to melodies and such... I looked for a song and the only intro level song I can find is Ode to Joy - but that is a finger picking classical lesson and I definitely ain't quite there yet.

Am I missing something. I have some old lesson books kicking around that I had kept but I was kind of looking forward to a more guided intro into that special first song experience. I am a complete novice - no musical background whatsoever - other than I love listening to music in its many forms and admire musicians for what they can do with their instruments.

Cheers Steve.

ps I think the site is awesome!
# 1
JJ90
JJ90
06/13/2012 2:02 pm
Hey Steve,

First of all welcome to Guitartricks! I'm also a lefty so you are definately not alone, and I'm not the only here by far haha.

Perhaps I could suggest you to take Lisa McCormicks tutorial for fingerpicking for beginners. You can find it here: http://www.guitartricks.com/tutorial.php?input=596

That tutorial series has helped loads of people on here.

Hope that helps.

JJ
# 2
spbk12
spbk12
06/14/2012 2:54 pm
thanks JJ,

Actually I spoke too soon. Just a little further along in the melody lesson the first song was introduced using simple 1 finger notes. Sorry for being so anxious LOL. And yes I will check out Lisa's tut's as well. I am really impressed by the quality and high standard of the instructors I have encountered so far.

The printed lessons and support materials are excellent.

regards

Steve
# 3
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
06/19/2012 12:17 am
Hi Steve,

Anxious is good when it comes to learning. Glad you found the song, welcome aboard!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.