What age is the cut off for learning the Guitar?

holden2
holden2
06/06/2012 6:19 pm
My name is Liam,and I'm 54 years old.I have two son's,and there ages are 13 and 14.I read in an article the cut off age for a Guitarist is 45?Five months ago I use the Google Search Engine,and we found the Guitar Tricks web site.Who ever placed an age on pleasure is a "JACKASS",and not a person I would consider my children to even know!!Success in the area of Guitar Star is only 3% at most to become one of these people.
As I mentioned,five months ago I joined this great site for educational,and "FUN" purposes.Up until then,I'd never picked a guitar up,maybe some air guitar?But if I was a man with my focus on this area of being successful,this is the best place I know of!No racial remarks,teacher showing no interest,and the cost of a teacher in the local Music Stores are "STUPID" at best for the word you feel for the 30 min class about how great they are,and the "HONOR" you have to be receiving lessons from them!!!
So to finalize,no matter how many times I don't get it?No matter how many times I retry,or how long I practice,the teacher still praises me,and keeps the same positive attitude?And for the local "SUPER STARS",they never understand why they continue to go through students like crap out of a duck?And the best for last?For 14.99,any type of music I may feel like that day,and any teacher I eant to receive lessons from.

Kindest Regards
Liam
# 1
hunter1801
hunter1801
06/06/2012 6:48 pm
There is no cut off age
# 2
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/12/2012 3:10 am
It is never too late to start anything. Welcome to GT and I am glad this has worked out so well for you. :D
Douglas Showalter
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.