Hi, I two am a newbe

Mike Michael
Mike Michael
05/28/2012 9:44 pm
I have been trying to play blues and country for the last 6 months, I am still not as successful as I would like to be. I would like a sound track, and a practice pattern, that progressivly goes from slow to normal speed. So I have bought Riffmaster Pro. It slows down the riffs , but does not distort them. I will see how this works. I find that most songs I can't keep up at normal speed. I have been trying for about 6 months, but my fingers will not work that fast. I am 78 years old which may contribute to a long learning curve. I will keep you posted. Mike
# 1
SebastBerg
Full Access
SebastBerg
Full Access
05/28/2012 9:51 pm
I always find it inspiring to see an "older" person starting to play an instrument.
Congratulations to you and all the others for doing what you love and for not being another one of those people that never starts because they think they are too old.
Good luck and have fun !
# 2
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
06/02/2012 12:38 am
Hey Mike,

That sounds like a good tool, I used to have a cassette player that did the same thing and I learned songs the same way. It's easier to play fast if you know the song rather than if you don't know the song.
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 3
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/12/2012 3:13 am
Hey Mike!

Welcome to GT and best of luck! :eek:
Douglas Showalter
# 4
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
06/13/2012 6:09 am
Hey Mike,
Welcome to GT, I'll be happy to help any way I can, so be sure to let me know if you have any questions.

I always learn the chord progression of a song first, and then it's much easier to tell what's going on with the rest of it. The trainer's can be a useful tool, being able to slow it down is a great way to figure some things out, but of course they won't help your fingers work any faster.

Have you trried using some fills in between your chords, little fills can give you time to set your fingers. It's just a thought, and if you give us some examples, maybe we can figure out some other tips to help you.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.