View post (Mastery of the guitar?)

View thread

hunter1801
hunter1801
05/06/2012 10:26 pm
*Translation of original post at bottom*

I couldn't even read through that on the first try. Not a single punctuation of any kind in that entire paragraph. Don't even get me started on the grammar.....

"their our a infinite number" :( ......really? You're 17 man.....You should at least know the difference between things like "there" and "their". Also, "our" and "are" are two completely different words.

I'm sure I may be coming across too harsh, but this was pretty bad. At least make an effort.

_____

I'll go ahead and translate the original topic in case other people don't want to read through that original post:
This is my outlook on mastering the guitar:

Our minds set a goal, like play 16th notes at 300bpm. Once we have spent years reaching this amazing speed, your mind says, "I've mastered speed". Well you haven't.

You can always go further and use several techniques to obtain even more speed (like hammer ons and pull offs). Once you practice that, it seems like it's mastered. Nope! You go to tapping and learn to play it. Think you've mastered it? Noooo.

You can always get better, no matter what scales i learned them all. [not sure how to even fix this sentence. No idea which sentence "no matter" is directed towards] Well that's more then unlikely, because there are an infinite number of scales out there.

The message I'm trying to get out there is that mastering something is what our minds limit us to [Don't know how to fix this. I think I get your message, but the actual sentence here makes no sense].

I would like to hear your thoughts on this. And remember.....never stop learning and getting better :)

From what I could make out, I think you're basically just saying that there is always more to learn on the guitar no matter how good you think you are.

I agree. Not sure what kind of "feedback" you are looking for. Other than me strongly advising you to master English before you try to master guitar.