Fat Bottomed Girl

rickymurphy
rickymurphy
05/01/2012 7:39 am
Hi Mike,

the tutorial on Fat Bottomed Girl is just awesome !!! You teach and play perfectly. You are so good !
What I wanted to ask, is to do about the arrangement of the song as you play it (wich I think is outstanding good). I listened to the version I have on my "Queen - Greatest Hits I"-cd, and there the intro is a little different. After the a capella intro, the song starts directly off with verse 1. On your version, there's first a guitar intro , before the verse comes in. I wonder if you made an adjusted arrangement, or if it's taken from a version on another Queen cd?
If yes, could you please tell me what Queen cd I should look to buy, cause I always like to listen to the original song too, when I learn a song.
# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/01/2012 4:43 pm
Hey man! Glad you're digging the lessons! The version of "Fat Bottom Girls" I taught appears on the Queen album "Jazz". The version you are familiar with on the "Greatest Hits" is a radio edited version - it's the same recording but the guitar intro has been taken out.

Keep rocking!
Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
jinx82
jinx82
06/05/2015 9:11 pm
Mike your lessons are awesome! one of my favorites is fat bottomed girls. In the second verse where he bends the a string twice on the second fret I think I hear him bend the third then the second fret in a descending pattern. Can't stop playing this song!
# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/05/2015 9:33 pm
Hey Jinx82! Glad you dig the tutorial!

You are right ... I actually transcribed that particular lick slightly wrong there. I just listened to the isolated multitrack for the song, and there are 2 guitars double tracked in that spot, and both play a different lick, which is why it sounds a little tricky on the recording.

If you were to adjust that little lick, and play the first 1/2 step bend (2nd fret of the A string) as transcribed, but play the second note (2nd fret of the A string) without the bend, that would be more accurate.

The doubling guitar on the recording (right channel) is playing almost the same fill, but on the D string - and pulling off on the second note from the 2nd fret of the D to the open D.

Anyways ... any of these variations will sound great when jamming along with the tune!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.