View post (new member?)

View thread

ellenolenska
ellenolenska
04/28/2012 7:57 am
Oh - I think I didn't really explain well what I was saying about Maria, I am very familiar with her work, Lone Justice, etc.; I love love love her, and while I don't do her justice, her singing style and range work well for me, plus I like her lyrics. I am new at getting into the music scene, and was kind of dependent on my now ex boyfriend guitar player who was a big Maria McKee fan, but with him left my guitar. I find when I go to open jams, etc. nobody knows Maria McKee. The guitar players all seem to be more "rockers", like AC/DC stuff, and have no interest in what (I"m sure they consider my "chick music"). So that was what I was getting at by obscure. Everyone knows The Rolling Stones, etc., but I know a lot of people not really into music who have never heard the Maria McKee, they don't hear her on the radio (not here). That was what I was getting at, if that makes any sense.
But hey, thanks for the info. I'll keep plugging away. Funny, on one of her live recordings, she says, I don't play guitar very well, but that's a work in progress! Well, she's way ahead of me!