Hello From Kunsan Ab, Korea

AKBRONCOSDAD
AKBRONCOSDAD
02/26/2012 11:51 am
Well I finally did it. I had a guitar about 13 years ago and sold it. Ever since I have regretted it. Finally broke down and bought me a new Fender SA-100 acoustic guitar and paid my annual membership here on GuitarTricks because I am determined to learn how to play. What better time and place than while I am serving a remote tour here at Kunsan Air Force Base, Republic of Korea. I plan on getting three children to learn how to play once I make it back home. The entire family loves and listens to music pretty much every day of the week so it would nice to know exactly what goes into making that music we enjoy so much. So if any of you folks out there have any advice for beginner "guitarist" and I use that term lightly as of now I would greatly appreciate it. Especially from those of you who have just begun to learn to play guitar yourself. Well wish me luck and I look forward to meeting great bunch of folks here on Guitar Tricks!

Cheers!

Sylvin B. Carter
# 1
compart1
compart1
02/26/2012 1:41 pm
Hi Sylvin,
Welcome to GuiterTricks. Learning guitar is a great way to pass your spare time.
First suggestion is to set up a good practice time. Don't bury your guitar. Have it handy for spur of the moment, other then your regular pratice time. Then practice , practice, practice...
Don't force your self to work with the finger TIP pain. Give your fingers a few days or weeks to obtain calluses.
Don't get frustrated with a slow start if you should have one. Everyone has a different learning curve and rate of developing muscle memory.
Most of all, enjoy the trip..
Good Luck and Happy Pickin'
Gordon
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.